OKEFORD FITZPAINE PARISH COUNCIL
VACANCY FOR CLERK AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL
We are a Parish Council with a population of around 1000 and a Precept of £26,000 situated in North Dorset. A vacancy for Parish Clerk has arisen and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to take on this part time role. There is some flexibility around the start date, and this would be subject to negotiation between the successful candidate and the Parish Council.
The duties of the Clerk are set out in the job description, and they include:
- Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer
- Manage all financial matters, prepare budgets and end of year accounts
- Prepare for and attend the evening parish council meetings, currently held on
the first Tuesday of every month
- Produce and circulate agendas and minutes
- Prepare for and attend ad hoc Planning Committee meetings, around 3 or 4 a
- Manage all correspondence and electronic communications
Terms and Conditions include:
- Contract based on the NALC model
- Home based flexible working
- 10 Hours per week
- Salary to be set within SPC 4 and SPC 8 of the Local Government Services Pay Agreement
- Reporting to the Chair of the Parish Council
Expressions of Interest:
Please submit an expression of interest to The Clerk, Sandra Deary, firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Clerk is available to discuss in more detail the extent and remit of the role and can provide a copy of the job description.
Date for interview to be set once expressions have been received.
Closing date for expressions of interest is 10th August 2021.